– 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact injuries.
– 80,000 to 250,000 ACL injuries occur annually in the USA with about 100,000 reconstruction surgeries.
– 6th most common orthopedic procedure in USA.
– Female athletes are 2.4 top 9.7 times more likely to sustain an ACL injury than male athletes.
– Australia has one of the highest rates of ACL injury in the western world, compared to previously published nationwide and population incidences, including New Zealand (Gianotti et al., 2009), the United States (Csintalan, 2008; Lyman et al., 2009), Sweden (Granan et al., 2009), Norway (Granan et al., 2008) and Denmark (Lind et al., 2009).