- This event has passed.
Blood Flow Restriction Training: Conservative and postoperative rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pathologies
Blood Flow Restriction Training (BFRT) is currently a hot topic around the world. This course is for rehabilitation professionals who want to understand the power and science behind BFR and how it can be applied within the injured population. You will learn to recognize an indication, as well as how to start applying BFR evidence-based, safe and objective in the rehabilitation of your patients with musculoskeletal pathologies. The application of BFRT in both conservative and postoperative rehabilitation will be explained and critically discussed. You will learn how to perform a medical screening and get an objective and independent review of all BFR materials. You will also get to work with the various materials yourself during practical sessions.
The lack of knowledge and experience is a major problem as the demand for BFR is increasing worldwide. The combination of theoretical and practical aspects ensures that after attending this course you will be able to work with your patients in a safe and objective way to bring them back to their desired level in their sports or daily activities as quickly and optimally as possible.
- The student has knowledge of the physiological effects and mechanisms of BFR.
- Based on the latest scientific literature, practical insights and clinical relevance, the student will be able to recognize the indications when Blood Flow Restriction Training can add value in the rehabilitation of the patient with musculoskeletal pathologies.
- The student is able to perform all parts of a medical screening and has knowledge of why something is a relative or absolute contraindication. This enables him to exclude patients or contact the physician or specialist in order to ensure a safe application of BFRT.
- The student will acquire practical skills to perform a “Limb Occlusion Pressure” assessment with a doppler and safely use the different types of BFR materials.
- The student is able to develop and offer a safe progressive BFR program to the conservative and post operative patient, taking into account medical screening.