The traumatic knee: a new era in diagnosis and rehabilitation 2023
July 29 - July 30$963
Description Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine Clinic is extremely excited run “The traumatic knee: a new era in diagnosis and rehabilitation” course for health professionals on 29th & 30st July, 2023. This is the only course in Australia taught by a multidisciplinary team of physiotherapists, surgeons and strength and conditioning experts.
Dr. Tim Sayer has pioneered this course from years of clinical experience and research in the field of knee injuries and noticed a lack of education for health professionals regarding diagnosis of complex knee injuries and suitable management. This course was developed to specifically build clinicians knowledge on diagnosis and management of traumatic knee injuries (ligamentous, meniscal, chondral, bony and instability).
This course will provide novel insights to diagnostic and surgical management approaches with the expertise of Dr. Jarrad Stevens (Orthopaedic Surgeon from Victorian Bone and Joint Specialists), Ms Wennie Tan (Sports Physiotherapist with Olympic Winter Institute of Sport and extended scope practitioner at Frankston Hospital Emergency Department), Mr Nicholas Cross (Consultant Sport and Exercise Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist) and Jeremy Jackson (Senior Physiotherapist and Strength and Conditioning expert). Additionally, the course provides an in-depth discussion with a large practical component dedicated to rehabilitation from post injury recovery using emerging technology to successful return to sport.
What you will receive as part of this course:
- Course manual with complete framework for management and treatment of traumatic knee injuries
- Extensive collection of filmed exercises to use in rehabilitation of knee injuries
- Catered morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
What you will learn:
- Expertise in diagnostic criteria for various types of traumatic knee injuries (including radiology), when to refer, and how to manage the diagnostic pathway
- Manual handling skills to test patients knee integrity which facilitate higher level clinical reasoning
- Evidence-based rehabilitation framework for complete recovery of any traumatic knee injury with extensive practical skills related to exercise prescription and manual handling
- How to integrate novel and emerging technology in monitoring and treating patients following traumatic knee injury in the clinical environment