Giordano Scinicarelli, Ph.D. Candidate
Physical & Functional Performance Testing; Pre-Injury Screening; Return-to-Competition; Athletes of all levels; Males & Females; Youth sector
avg. rehabilitation yearly
German Sport University Cologne
Read full description
About Giordano Scinicarelli, Ph.D. CandidatePerformance Screening in Training and Therapy:
- Standardization and implementation of a functional test battery for the lower extremities
- Inter-limb asymmetries and functional performance deficits
- Motion capture system (Qualisys) with biomechanical markers and lab set-up
- Movement quality analysis (Kinetisense) with 3D-Realtime markerless set-up
- Isokinetic dynamometer for muscle strength imbalances
- Individualized prevention and rehabilitation training programs
- Improve performance
- Decrease injury risk factors
- Minimize the risk of injury/reinjury
- Return to competition
Functional movement. Balance. Posture. Proprioception. Coordination. Neuromuscular control. Range of motion. Strength. Power. Speed. Agility. Movement Quality.
“~ Injury is not a condemnation, but a way to improve oneself again ~”
- Research Assistant - Institute of Movement-Therapy and Movement-Oriented Prevention and Rehabilitation - German Sport University Cologne
Memberships of professional organizations
- 2022 - Team-ACL
- 2019 - European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- 2018 - FIFA Medical Network
- 2022 - Scinicarelli, G.; Offerhaus, C.; Feodoroff, B.; Froböse, I.;Wilke, C. (2022) The Association between Multidirectional Speed Performance, Dynamic Balance and Chronological Age in Young Soccer Players. J. Funct. Morphol. Kinesiol. 7, 41.
- 2021 - Scinicarelli, G., Offerhaus, C., Feodoroff, B. (2021) Functional performance and interlimb asymmetries of young football players during single-leg jump tests. Ger. J. Exerc. Sport Res. 52, 76–86.
- 2021 - Scinicarelli, G.; Trofenik, M.; Froböse, I.; Wilke, C. (2021) The Reliability of Common Functional Performance Tests within an Experimental Test Battery for the Lower Extremities. Sports. 9, 100.
- 2021 - Wilke, C.; Scinicarelli, G.; Schoser, D.S.; Offerhaus, C.; Froböse, I. (2021) Limb symmetry index and pre-injury performance level after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A case report on a female gymnast. Sports Orthop. Traumatol.