Riccardo D'Ambrosi, MD
ACL surgeon and clinical researcher addicted
avg. operations yearly
Studio Medico 2000
Read full description
About Riccardo D'Ambrosi, MDCurrently, I work in the CASCO Department Team of the IRCCS Ospedale Galeazzi – Sant’Ambrogio in Milan and I’m also Researcher for University of Milan . I’m mainly involved in knee reconstructive surgery (ACL, PCL, Meniscus, multiligamentous surgery), regenerative medicine (scaffold implantation, cartilage regeneration, infiltrative treatments) and replacement knee surgery. He boasts more than 130 impacted publications on PubMed, most of them clinical practice and systematic reviews focusing on knee surgery with numerous international reports and collaborations. In particular, a strict collaboration started from 2022 with Professor Chrstian Fink. In 2016, I was awarded for the best orthopaedics oral communication at the national shoulder and elbow congress (SICSeG). I was awarded for the best poster in 2018 and 2019 at the SIOT (Società Italiana di Ortopedia e Traumatologia) national congress and in 2021 Best Knee Presentation Pre-Meeting Virtual Siot Congress 2021. I attended three national and international fellowship (Travel Fellowship in elbow surgery SICSeG, 10-15 December 2018; SIGASCOT European Arthroscopy Fellowship 2019; ESSKA Arthrex Sports Medicine Fellowship 2020 - attended in 2022 at Bispebjerg Hospital, Department of Sports Medicine, Copenaghen, Denmark).
I have also been certified with the AO basic course and with the Good Clinical Practice course and recently has been recognized as ESSKA Teacher. I’m a Peer Reviewer for some of the most impacted international journals of orthopedics, traumatology, rheumatology and more and Editor of the Special Issue "Clinical Advances in Knee Surgery" in Journal of Clinical Medicine (Impact Factor 4.964) and Editor of the Special Issue "Lower Limb Diseases and Injuries in Children and Adolescents" in Children Journal (Impact Factor 2.078). Currently I’m member Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Annals of Translational Medicine (Impact Factor 3.297), Journal of Orthopaedics, World Journal of Orthopaedics and JAJS. He is a Founding Member of the newly established ESSKA Hip Preservation Associates (EHPA) Section, Member of SIAGASCOT (Società Italiana di artroscopia, ginocchio, arto superiore, sport, cartilagine e tecnologie ortopediche), Member of SIOT (Società Italiana di Ortopedia e Traumatologia), Member of SICSeG (Società Italiana Chirurgia Spalla e Gomito), Member of Workgroup Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty SIAGASCOT, Member of Research Commission Italian Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Member of European Sports Medicine Associates (ESMA), Member of European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
“With passion you play soccer with friends on Wednesday nights, with obsession you get to the top”
- 2022 - University of Milan
- 2018 - IRCCS Ospedale Galezzi - Sant'Ambrogio
Memberships of professional organizations
- 2023 - Team ACL
- 2022 - Founding Member of the ESSKA Hip Preservation Associates (EHPA) section
- 2022 - Member of EKA
- 2021 - Member of Workgroup Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty SIAGASCOT
- 2021 - Member of European Sports Medicine Associates (ESMA)
- 2020 - Member of Research Commission Italian Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- 2020 - Member of SIAGASCOT
- 2019 - Member of ESSKA
- 2018 - Member of SICSeG
- 2018 - Member of SIOT
- 2023 - Combined Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Anterolateral Ligament Reconstruction Results in Superior Rotational Stability Compared with Isolated Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in High Grade Pivoting Sport Patients: A Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial.
- 2022 - Quadriceps tendon autograft with or without bone block have comparable clinical outcomes, complications and revision rate for ACL reconstruction: a systematic review.
- 2022 - Superior rotational stability and lower re-ruptures rate after combined anterolateral and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction compared to isolated anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a 2-year prospective randomized clinical trial.
- 2022 - Multiple revision anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: not the best but still good.
- 2022 - Age over 50 does not predict results in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- 2022 - Good results after treatment of RAMP lesions in association with ACL reconstruction: a systematic review.
- 2022 - Hamstring tendon autografts and allografts show comparable clinical outcomes and knee stability after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in patients over fifty years old with no signs of osteoarthritis progression.
- 2022 - Good clinical and radiological results following remnant-preserving posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review.
- 2022 - Long-term follow-up of bucket-handle meniscal repairs: chondroprotective effect outweighs high failure risk.
- 2021 - Clinical and Radiological Outcomes of Anteromedial Portal Versus Transtibial Technique in ACL Reconstruction: A Systematic Review.
- 2021 - Midterm Outcomes, Complications, and Return to Sports After Medial Collateral Ligament and Posterior Oblique Ligament Reconstruction for Medial Knee Instability: A Systematic Review.
- 2020 - Biomechanics of the posterior oblique ligament of the knee.