Maurik van Haagen, MD. Orthopedic surgeon
Maurik van Haagen is an orthopedic surgeon, specialized in sports-traumatology, especially knee, ankle and foot injuries.
avg. operations yearly
Bergman Clinics Rotterdam
Read full description
About Maurik van Haagen, MD. Orthopedic surgeonMovement is of primary importance for our happiness as a human being, a limitation in mobility can have a major impact. Orthopedics is a wonderful profession that ensures that mobility is maintained or regained. A healing art, in which technology is combined with logics and innovation. We can help people to regain mobility and with both conservative and operative methods.
In orthopedics, for me the lower extremity is the most challenging and satisfying subspecialty on a surgical and conservative level. The specific wishes of the athletes are a challenge in the treatment process, only together with a large physiotherapy network we can achieve the best results together.
“The specific wishes of the athlete are a challenge in the treatment process, direct contact with a large physiotherapy network is mandatory for achieving the best results”
- 2017 - Orthopedic surgeon, knee specialist, Medinova kliniek Rotterdam / Bergman Clinics Rotterdam
- 2016 - Fellow trauma surgery, trauma- and elective surgery in knee, ankle and foot injuries. Lothian University Hospitals NHS Trust, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. Mr. T.O. White, Mr. A. Amin, Mr. C.M. Robinson
- 2015 - Fellow knee surgery, North Bristol NHS Trust at Southmead Hospital and University Hospital Bristol Royal Infirmary. Mr. A.J. Porteous / Mr. J.D. Eldridge.
Memberships of professional organizations
- 2021 - Dutch Orthopaedic Society (NOV), Dutch Knee Society (DKS), Dutch Orthopaedic Arthroscopy workgroup (NVA), Dutch Foot and Ankle Society (DFAS), ESSKA, ISAKOS
- 2018 - Optimizing the dose of local infiltration analgesia and gabapentin for total knee arthroplasty, a randomized single blind trial in 128 patients. van Haagen MHM, Verburg H, Hesseling B, Coors L, van Dasselaar NT, Langendijk PNJ, Mathijssen NMC. Knee. 2018 Jan;25(1):153-160. doi: 10.1016/j.knee.2017.10.007.