Tim Sayer, B.Sc (Hons), DPT, PhD
Experienced physiotherapist in the management of patients following anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries and subsequent joint pathology
avg. rehabilitation yearly
Melbourne CBD Physio
ACL Professionals / Physical Therapist / Tim Sayer, B.Sc (Hons), DPT, PhD
Read full description
About Tim Sayer, B.Sc (Hons), DPT, PhDDr. Tim Sayer is an highly experienced physiotherapy consultant at Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy. Tim holds a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) and Bachelor of Science (Hons) degrees from The University of Melbourne, Australia. Tim has an extensive understanding of ACL injury and rehabilitation given his background that has involved consulting for elite athletes in Europe and Australia, published ACL research in high quality journals and educating current and future physiotherapists. Tim is also a committee member for the ‘Sports and Exercise’ group at the Australian Physiotherapy Association, promoting professional development and education pathways for registered and student sports physiotherapists.
- 2019-present - Managing Director at Melbourne CBD Physiotherapy
- 2019-present - Lecturer at Department of Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2017-2019 - LUNEX International University and Health, Exercise and Sports (Luxembourg), Department of Physiotherapy
- 2014-2017 - Senior Physiotherapist, Physiotrain, Melbourne, Australia
- 2017 - Team Physiotherapy at Athletics Victoria
- 2014-2017 - Research Assistant at Centre for Health Exercise and Sports Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2009-2010 - Research Assistant at Basic and Clinical Myology Laboratory, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Memberships of professional organizations
- 2015-current - Sports Medicine Australia
- 2013-current - Australian Physiotherapy Association
- 2014-2017 - American College of Sports Medicine
- 2020 - Nasseri A, Lloyd D , Bryant AL, Headrick J, Sayer TA, Saxby DJ. Mechanism of anterior cruciate ligament loading during dynamic motor tasks
- 2019 - Neto T, Sayer TA, Theisen D, Mierau A. Functional brain plasticity associated with ACL injury: a scoping review of current evidence. Neural Plasticity. 2019: https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/3480512
- 2019 - Sayer TA, Hinman RS, Paterson KL, Fortin K, Bennell KL, Bryant A. Running-related muscle activation patterns and tibial acceleration across puberty. J Elec Kin. 2019: doi: 10.1016/j.jelekin.2019.102381
- 2019 - Sayer TA, Hinman RS, Paterson KL, Fortin K, Bennell KL, Timmi A, Pivonka P, Bryant A. Differences and mechanisms underpinning a change in the knee flexion moment while running in high- and low-supportive footwear among young females. J Foot Ankle Res. 2019 Jan 8;12:1. doi: 10.1186/s13047-018-0307-9
- 2018 - Sayer TA, Hinman RS, Paterson KL, Fortin K, Bennell KL, Timmi A, Pivonka P, Bryant A. Differences in hip and knee landing moments across female pubertal development. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2018. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000001753.
- 2018 - Sayer TA, Hinman RS, Paterson KL, Fortin K, Bennell KL, Timmi A, Pivonka P, Bryant A. Differences in hip and knee running moments across female pubertal development. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2018;50(5):1015-1020.
- 2018 - Sayer TA, Hinman RS, Paterson KL, Fortin K, Bennell KL, Timmi A, Pivonka P, Bryant A. Effect of high and low-supportive footwear of female tri-planar knee moments during single limb landing. J Foot Ankle Res. 2018; 11: (51). doi:10.1186/s13047-018-0294-x
- 2017 - Dobson F, Hinman RS, Hall M, Marshall CJ, Sayer TA, Anderson C, Newcomb N, Stratford P, Bennell KL. Reliability and measurement error of the Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) recommended performance-based tests of physical function in people with hip and knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2017;25(11):1792-1796.
- 2012 - Gehrig SM, Van der Poel C, Sayer TA, Schertzer JD, Henstridge DC, Church JE, Lamon S, Russell AP, Davies KE, Febbraio MA, Lynch GS. Hsp72 preserves muscle function and slows progression of severe muscular dystrophy. Nature. 2012: 484(7394).